Tuesday 11 December 2012

Ta'wil of the Holy Qur'an



Dec 11, '12 11:47 AM
for everyone


The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.): After me [after my demise] Ali will teach people the ta'wil of what they do not know of the Holy Qur'an.

Imam Ali (A.S.): Ask me about the Book of Allah, the Almighty, that by Allah there has not been revealed a verse of it at night or in the daytime, on the way or somewhere, except that the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) taught me reading it as well as its Ta'wil. 

Ibn al-Kawwa' asked: O Amir al-Mu'minin! What do you say about the verses revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) when you were not present? The Imam(A.S.) replied: When I was not present, the Holy Prophet used to memorize the verses revealed to him so that when I took audience with him the Prophet would teach me its reading and would say: O Ali(A.S.)! After you left, Allah revealed these verses to me and their Ta'wil is so and so. Thus he would teach me on their Revelation (Tanzil) and Ta'wil. Imam al-Baqir (A.S.): Nobody but successors can claim that he knows the Holy Qur'an completely, neither the exterior nor the interior.

Abu al-Sabbah: I swear by Allah, al-Imam Jafar al-Sadiq(A.S.) told me: Allah taught the Revelation and Ta'wil to His Holy messenger(S.A.W.) and the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) taught it to Ali(A.S.) and he, I swear by Allah, taught it to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home